Can you disable the touchpad on a HP laptop?
Click Mouse under Hardware and Sound. Your mouse properties box pops up. Click the Device Settings tab. Under Devices locate the touchpad, click on the name to highlight and click Disable. If you need to, in the future, you can enable the touchpad from this screen.
How do I turn the touchpad off on my laptop?
Press the Windows key , type touchpad, and press Enter . Or, press Windows key + I to open Settings and choose Devices, then Touchpad. In the Touchpad Settings window, click the Touchpad toggle switch to the Off position.
Why can’t I disable my touchpad on my laptop?
Open the Start menu and go to Settings > Devices > Touchpad > Additional settings > Device Settings. The Disable internal pointing devices when external USB pointing device is attached option should now be visible.
Is there a button to turn off touchpad?
on the keyboard. The button may vary depending on models. The TouchPad will be enabled automatically after a reboot, resuming from hibernation/sleep mode, or entering Windows. Press the corresponding button (such as F6, F8 or Fn+F6/F8/Delete) to disable the touchpad
Can I turn off the touchpad on my HP laptop?
Double-tapping the upper-left hand corner of the TouchPad enables or disables the TouchPad. When disabled, some models display a graphic on the screen showing the TouchPad with a red line through it.
Why can’t I turn off the touchpad on my HP laptop?
1) Right click on the start or the windows icon and open Settings. 2) Click on Touchpad option and un-check the Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected option. If this does not work or if the option is missing, click on Additional Settings located on the right side of the screen.
How do I disable my HP touchpad?
Follow the steps illustrated below to disable the touchpad on your HP laptop:
- Tap on Windows Start.
- Type in Mouse in the search field.
- Select Mouse to see the Mouse Properties windows.
- Visit the tab for Device Settings.
- Choose Disable.
- When the confirmation is shown, press Ok.
Related posts on Touchpad :